Once A Month Cooking with Rebekah

by Donna on April 30, 2010

Well, we did it! Wednesday my friend and fellow blogger, Rebekah and I successfully completed our Once a Month Cooking day.

Right now even thinking about it makes me tired. It was a lot of planning and work, but now we can both rest assured that we have dinner in the freezer.

All of these recipes came from Once A Month Mom’s awesome website. You can find These recipes here.

You can also read about my very first Once a Month Cooking experience HERE

Here’s what’s stuffed in my freezer:

• Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies
  • Fruit and Grain Bars (these are pretty much gone, so yummy we can’t keep our paws off ‘em)
  • Pizza Rolls (4 meals)
  • Beef Enchiladas (2 Meals)
  • Mini Meatloaves (4 meals)
  • Mini Chicken Pot Pies (4 meals)
  • Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-fry (2 meals)
  • Chicken nuggets (minus some burnt!) (1 meal due to burned nuggets)
  • Ravioli Lasagna (2 meals)
  • Buffalo Shrimp (2 meals)

Rebekah @ did a great job chronicling our day. I recorded a very short and poor quality video with excerpts from the day.

I hope you enjoy it…

OAMC with Donna & Rebekah from Donna Shenk on Vimeo.

It was so nice to have a good friend like Rebekah to tackle this HUGE task with me. She always cracks me up and helps me to not be so serious all of the time! I think we did a great job!

You can also read about my very first Once a Month Cooking experience HERE

Now run along and check out blog for more details on our adventure.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Courtney Lewis April 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Hey Donna! Loved it! You’re a very motivated woman! I wish I had half of your energy! I might steal your ideas and try it with some of my friends. Then I’ll have to send you a video of our adventure! I’ll keep you posted!

Thanks for the video and the ideas! It’s very motivating!
Love,
Courtney

2 Kendra April 30, 2010 at 4:54 pm

This is ridiculously wonderful. I loved the video. You guys rock. Maybe someday I’ll be as cool as you… someday.

3 Rebekah April 30, 2010 at 9:49 pm

This video is awesome!!! I am so glad we did it. It really makes me giggle. :)

You know, I think OAMC might be a little like child birth… you kind of “forget” the pain of it all after the fact. It doesn’t seem like it was such a big deal today as it felt like it was on Wednesday! hahaha!
Rebekah´s last blog .. My ComLuv Profile

4 Candi @ Family Stamping and FOOD! May 1, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Great video! Y’all got alot of food done in just 6 hours! WoW!!!
Candi @ Family Stamping and FOOD!´s last blog ..Big Peach 5th Annual 5K run/walk My ComLuv Profile

5 natalie May 2, 2010 at 12:26 am

where do you get your recipes… I would love to try them! I can’t seem to find them on your site.

6 Donna May 2, 2010 at 8:52 am

Natalie: Sorry about that. I just added the links to the bottom of the post. All of the recipes came from Once A Month Mom’s website. She puts together the menu, recipes, instructions and even labels! We just love her!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

7 Donna May 2, 2010 at 9:04 am

Thanks Candi – It was worth it in my opinion! Lots of good food in the fridge it takes a lot of the stress out of my week when it comes to dinner time.

Thanks for stopping by!