January Goals – Checking in

by Donna on January 16, 2011

Week 2 of January has come and gone and it’s time to do a quick check-in with my goals for this month. You may notice a theme in this post – I’m wayyy behind! I have not been staying focused on my goals but that doesn’t mean I’m giving up. I’m ready to get back on track this week!

1. Create and follow a nightly routine – Tonight I printed up my Home Cleaning Schedule, laminated it and put it on a clipboard. Although this was not my goal for this month it is a step towards my goal to Simplify my homemaking duties. I’ll be working on my nightly routine this week. I spent the last 9 days in Connecticut and we got home today. I’m ready to get back in to our normal routines.

2. Increase vegetable intake / Lower sugar intake – I have done terribly with this so far this month. I wrote up grocery list for this week including some ingredients for a “green smoothie” and some new recipes.

3. Create an editorial Calendar – I started to work on this last week and hope to really get things nailed down this week. I’ve scheduled a few weekly posts that will continue throughout the year. I’m working on a few series for this year as well. I can already see how having an editorial calendar will be helpful with my productivity.
So that’s the update. Not much to report but I’m looking forward to this week and really working on these goals!
Be sure to pop over and visit a few other bloggers who are joining the 3 in 30 challenge.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Meghan January 16, 2011 at 12:10 am

Love this list!!! I’m so glad you’re joining in!

Susan January 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Well, you are in good company with those who may not have “achieve” all for this past week! I did great on week one, but this past week I was down with a strained back (so no working out for me at all!) I managed to get up early, 5:30 AM 5 of the 7 days and do devotional, my little one did not cooperate the other days. And my last one – spending time OUT of the house with each member of my family – well, not so good. But hey, today is a fresh start to the week! I have hope I will be much more successful! Sounds like you are getting organized with a blogging schedule – that is really great and I am sure will help with all areas of your goals too. I know when all that is lurking over head it takes energy away from other things.

Alyssa Avant January 16, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Looks like you’re doing well. I am just getting started, thanks for the inspiration.
Alyssa Avant´s last blog ..3 in 30 – GoalsMy ComLuv Profile

Donna January 18, 2011 at 12:26 am

Alyssa, I’m so glad your joining in! It has been such an encouragement knowing I have accountability through the month!

sherrill January 17, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Green smoothies are delicious! Have you tried them yet? I have a cookbook of different recipes. My favorite is with banana, strawberries, peaches, spinach and water.

Donna January 18, 2011 at 12:25 am

Your recipe sounds just like what I’ll be making. Tomorrow I’m doing banana, apples, pears spinach and kefir. I’m looking forward to it!

Ashley Pichea January 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Planning is half of the battle of accomplishing! How’s it going this week? Did you follow through with your shopping and recipe making?
Ashley Pichea´s last blog ..A Winner Announced!!My ComLuv Profile