January Goals – 3 in 30 Challenge

by Donna on December 31, 2010

January Goals

Here we go! Month 1 – January. I’m excited to officially get started. I’d love to hear your thoughts on my goals for this month. I’ll be sharing throughout the month how things are going and would love your encouragement and tips along the way!

1. Create and follow a nightly routine – I used to be a FlyLady mom. I had zones in my house, I had a shiny sink, I had morning and nightly routines… then life happened. I hope to get back into the routines and this month I will be working out my nightly routines and making it a new habit to do these routines nightly.

2. Increase vegetable intake / Lower sugar intake – I was going to take all of January and completely go LoCarb, jump right in – until I realized that I was setting myself up for failure. A Lo Carb diet is hard… (and not all that healthy) it is also not a diet that I can have my children on. I want to enable our entire family to be healthy. This month I will be increasing our vegetables at meal and snack time and decreasing our sugar intake.

3. Create an editorial Calendar – I will be sitting down this month and drafting up an editorial calendar for BOTH of my blogs…. BOTH…. Yes, both {I can not wait to reveal my new project!} Having a calendar will help me to be better organized and not scrambling when it comes time to sit down and write a blog post.

So what do you think? I was hoping to set reasonable goals. Do you have any good tips or advice for me? I’m all ears! Leave a comment below!

Top Photo Credit

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Becky @ Our Peaceful Home December 31, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Donielle at http://www.naturallyknockedup.com/ is having a 8 week sugar detox challenge. I’m going to do it! You should do it too! You can sign up and she will send you emails once a week! It will totally help cut down on that sugar! It will help and the kids don’t need sugar anyway. Maybe you could start there.
Becky @ Our Peaceful Home´s last blog ..Merry Christmas from Our Peaceful Home!My ComLuv Profile

Donna January 3, 2011 at 9:18 am

Thanks Becky! I just signed up – I’m hoping that her e-mails have tips, today I cut down on the amount of flavored syrup I put in my coffee; babysteps!

Teri Johnson December 31, 2010 at 9:54 pm

OH my……I was a FlyBaby too!! Such a GREAT way of life, BUT sooooo easy to STOP doing it, just like everything, right? It takes intentional action. I loved having a shiny sink all the time and decluttered hot-spots. =) Your goals sound VERY reasonable to me……I love the editorial calendar idea, I usually FLY by the seat of my pants and don’t plan my topics. Thanks for sharing!! Happy New Year! =)

Keeping it Personal,
Teri

Nony (A Slob Comes Clean January 1, 2011 at 12:10 am

I know an editorial calendar is something I need to do, but for some reason it scares me.
Nony (A Slob Comes Clean´s last blog ..2010 Blog Recap – A Fun ExerciseMy ComLuv Profile

Donna January 3, 2011 at 9:20 am

Yah the calendar is going to be a big project and following it is going to be even harder. I’m going to use it as a guide, hoping it will help me to always have ideas for posts.

January 1, 2011 at 11:11 am

We have a similar “food” goal – to eat healthier by increasing veggie intake. Let’s keep each other accountable and see our goals become reality!

P.S. I love having my editorial calendar, but it can also become a burden. Just remember that it’s never set in stone – keep it flexible so it doesn’t “rule” you!
Ashley Pichea´s last blog ..My 3 in 30 Goals for JanuaryMy ComLuv Profile

January 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

I just saw the challenge, and joined in too!
Samantha @TheKelleyEight´s last blog ..My ComLuv Profile

Donna January 3, 2011 at 9:20 am

Samantha, Glad you’re joining in! I need all the motivation I can get!