January Follow up and Setting Goals for February

by Donna on January 27, 2011

January has been a very busy and productive month. I joined in the 3in30 Challenge hoping that I would be encouraged to set great goals and meet them! I am so glad that I did! I have done really well in January with my goals, I feel encouraged and inspired to set my goals for February.

January in review:

1. Create and follow a nightly routine – I have been doing much better with my nightly routine this month. My wonderful hubby has even been helping me to clean up after dinner! Every night I make sure that all of the dishes are done or put in the dishwasher. I try to run the dishwasher nightly. The counters are always cleared off and wiped down as is the dining room table. I still need to work a bit on clearing off the entire dining table. There’s one side of our table that is always covered with odds and ends that haven’t found their way back to where they belong. We’ve also been trying to have all the toys put away every night so I can wake up to a clean living room.

2. Increase vegetable intake / Lower sugar intake – This is my one area of SUCCESS this month! I’m excited that I’ve been eating so much better. I don’t think I’ve had a cookie in weeks!! I’ve been enjoying green smoothies daily which are said to have at least 4-5 servings of veggies in each! I love them. I’ll be posting the recipe and instructions next week, you have to try some! I’ve been cutting my sugar pretty well too. The only area that I’m struggling in (honestly – I’m not even TRYING in this area yet) is my coffee sweetener. I can not find a substitute that I like. Fake sugars: ICK!  Stevia: NOPE. Honey: in coffee?? NO WAY!  So for now I’m sticking with my Toffee Nut syrup from Starbucks. I love it. It’s going to be hard to give it up.

3. Create an editorial Calendar – Ok… This is the one goal that I have not done this month. I barely even started. I realized early into the month that this is a very unrealistic goal for me right now. I’m busy working on my new blog and getting her ready to launch in February so I didn’t do very much with the editorial calendar this month and I’m ok with that.

February Goals:

Just a reminder of my focus for each goal. Each month I will be setting one goal each, focused on these areas of my life:

1. Home and Homemaking

2. Health

3. Blogging

1. Create and Follow a Morning Routine –This week I’ll have a post that will describe what a morning routine will look like for me. I know that I need to start setting my alarm clock again and getting into  the habit again of trying to wake up before the kids, including having a consistent devotional time, getting dressed (before 3pm!) and getting breakfast on the table!

2. Start going back to the Gym Again – I’m going to set a very realistic goal this month.  I will go to the gym 2 times a week. Even if I go and just walk on a treadmill for an hour. I will go! We have a Wii Fit at home and I will also be trying to workout 2 times a week on the Wii. Going to the gym is a habit that I need to re-learn. I have a hard time putting aside my work, blog and household tasks to take care of myself, so this might be a challenge.

Here’s the BIG GOAL for February and some BIG NEWS!

3. Finish the web design and content for Pleased to Geek You! – I’m so excited about this goal because it means that my secret’s out! Pleased to Geek You will be a site for geeky moms, women and bloggers to come and find geeky ideas, tips and great product reviews. I’ve been feverishly working on the website design for weeks. I’ll be pulling together the loose ends in February. I need to finish creating the  pages, categories, elements and setting up social media accounts for the blog. It’s amazing how much has to get done!

I’m also working on connecting with a handful of blogger friends who sell or create great products that are relevant to my site: Techy products, organizational products/books, stationary, planners, educational materials, toys and games for children, decorative “nerdy” items and beautiful items that moms love.  (ps. if you’ve got a product you like to talk to me about you can e-mail me at: donna {at} pleasedtogeekyou {dot} com)

You’re going to love it! If you’re even a little geeky, nerdy, lover of paper, enjoy swooning over unique items or like everything to be “just so”, you’ll have to pop over to Pleased to Geek You and sign up so I can tell you when It’s ready to launch!

So there you have it – My goals for February! Be sure to pop over to get a peek at Pleased to Geek You!

This post is linked up to the 3 in 30 weekly link up over at  AP Freewriting and The Tuckers Take Tennessee who host this great challenge!

{ 21 comments… read them below or add one }

Ashley Pichea January 27, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I am looking forward to your green smoothie recipe – what a great way to get essential veggie servings! I could easily add something like that to my morning routine, drinking it before I have my coffee…
Ashley Pichea´s last blog ..3 in 30 Week FourMy ComLuv Profile

Donna January 28, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I’ll be posting the recipe on Monday. I love it – it fills me up and even the kids love it!

January 27, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I know how great it is to have a evening routine. However, I too need to work on my morning one. Look forward to hear how yours goes. Visiting from 3 in 30.

Donna January 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm

The morning is going to be the hardest one for me. I really need to work on getting up before the kids and getting ready for the day, not staying in my pj’s until 3pm… like right now :) Thanks for stopping by!

Jeanine @DressingMyTruth January 28, 2011 at 12:12 am

Those are awesome goals! I love the ones about creating a routine. Congratulations on doing so well this past month.

Jeanine
Jeanine @DressingMyTruth´s last blog ..Three in Thirty- My Closing Thoughts for this MonthMy ComLuv Profile

Dawn @ Two-Handed Mommy January 28, 2011 at 12:15 am

I really identify with your goals! I know I need to work on both a nighttime and morning routine – my youngest is (sort of) sleeping through the night now, so I don’t really have an excuse for not getting up before the kids now. It’s so hard for me to do, but I feel so great on days I’m up and showered and had some quiet time before they’re even up!

I am super excited about your new blog!! I’m definitely a geeky mom, lol, so I can’t wait to check it out! :)
Dawn @ Two-Handed Mommy´s last blog ..3 in 30 Challenge – February goalsMy ComLuv Profile

Rebekah January 28, 2011 at 12:32 am

Two blog posts in one day?? Be still my beating heart!

I think your goals are great! Keep up the good work.
Rebekah´s last blog ..Promote Your Blog for Free!My ComLuv Profile

Hope January 28, 2011 at 8:08 am

Good job! I love green smoothies, too!! Even got my daughter to try one and she liked it! :) I like how you set your goals up based on three categories. I don’t know why I didn’t think about that. I’ve sort of been setting mine willy-nilly. I really like your idea, though!
Hope´s last blog ..3 in 30–Closing January &amp February GoalsMy ComLuv Profile

Mommie Kate January 28, 2011 at 11:27 am

I can’t wait for the smoothie recipe and the new blog! Isn’t it such a great feeling to wake up to a clean house? My nightly routine is pretty set but I’m still working on the morning one too. Keep up the good work! I’m super excited about your new blog!

Alyssa January 28, 2011 at 11:47 am

One of my February goals was your January one, to create and do a nightly routine. I have my morning routine, for now down pat, but need to do something similar at night.

Ohh and I’m REALLY interested in pleased to geek you. I’m a geek!
Alyssa´s last blog ..Blizzard BloghopMy ComLuv Profile

tammigirl January 28, 2011 at 11:50 am

Wow! I can’t wait for the debut of Pleased to Geek You! You did great on your goals for January, even with the one you didn’t complete. Sometimes we have to let go of our plans to let our lives go where they were meant to go. It looks as if you have done that just fine.

I’m looking forward to February a little more now because of you. Thanks!
tammigirl´s last blog ..30 Days Of Truth- Day 18- My Views On Gay MarriageMy ComLuv Profile

aurie January 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm

wow!! way to go on your goals :) I’m interested to see what your morning routine will be, since this is where I struggle greatly!! I know that I need to get up before my girls….but it’s so hard to leave my warm comfy bed :)

Heading over to your new website to sign up for the launch! It sounds awesome!

Janet January 28, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Way to go on your goals this month! Working on a new blog must be taking alot of your time, so I’m sure once that’s up and running, your calendar can be established. Your goals are great for February. I wish you all the best with your new endeavor!

Stephanie @ Bowmania January 28, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Great job on your goals that you accomplished!

Keep up the great work with the goals you made for Feb! :)

Jenny Yarbrough January 30, 2011 at 12:06 am

Ahhhhh! I LOVE the name you chose for the new blog! That’s awesome. And your DR table sounds exactly like mine. So funny. Great job with your goals, Donna.

Missed you this week! I hope it was a great week and that you’re enjoying your weekend.

Jenny
Jenny Yarbrough´s last blog ..Theres A Hole In My BucketMy ComLuv Profile

Donna January 31, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I wish I could have been there. It really sounds like you all had a great time. October can’t come soon enough! I’m looking forward to re-connecting with all the Relevant girls!

February 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm

It sounds like you had a great month! I think having your one sweet treat in the form of a coffee sweetener is okay. **grin**

Can’t wait to see your new blog. Your excitement just radiates from your post. Love it! The name is really cute too.
Heather @MarineCorpsNomads´s last blog ..Tackling a New Homeschool ScheduleMy ComLuv Profile

Donna February 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Thanks Heather, It’s going to take alot for me to give up my toffee nut, but I’ve been doing so well otherwise I figure it’s ok! I’m excited about Pleased to Geek You too! Can’t wait to have it ready to go. Let me know if there is anything you’d love to see on the new site!

Dianna February 2, 2011 at 10:42 am

I love these goals …. any sort of routine would help in my home …. sigh!

Looking forward to the new site!

Donna February 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Thanks Dianna, I’m still working on my morning routines. I haven’t really nailed down what I want those to be and I really need to work on getting up BEFORE the kids! My nightly routine has been a life saver! If you haven’t already pop over to http://www.PleasedToGeekYou.com to sign up so I can send you an e-mail when the site goes live! I’m working hard to get it ready!

Audra Marie February 3, 2011 at 11:21 am

I’m fine tuning my morning routine, too. It’s going to take some habit retraining. :) As for the gym, my hubby and I hope to get back to it as soon as we feel better. I’ll have to check out your new site when it’s launched. :)

Wish you much success with your 3 in 30. :)
Audra Marie´s last blog ..February 3 in 30 GoalsMy ComLuv Profile