I found a healthy food I LOVE

by Donna on February 2, 2011

I’ve been eating really well for the last 3 weeks and I had been really struggling lately with getting bored with what I’ve been eating. I can only eat so much salad! I want to keep up the weight loss success but I have to mix it up a little!

I was at the grocery store the other day and I went over towards the deli. There, right in between the cafe and deli there was a sushi guy! In the grocery store! Making FRESH sushi! He hands me a sample – I love it – it tastes great. (Yes, I’ve had sushi before and love all kinds! Thanks dad for making me try some!)

I grabbed a package of sushi from the cooler and he tells me that the sushi is made fresh daily. I’m sold!

Sushi is ultra healthy. Low in calories and depending on what kind you have it’s full of great nutrients. What’s great about sushi is that it makes a great snack too.

Just looking at that picture makes me want to run out and grab some — too bad it’s super icy outside and there’s no way to get there!

Now go grab some sushi – start with the a nice California roll! No raw fish here! Give it a try – you may be surprised!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

February 2, 2011 at 10:54 am

My daughter and I get fresh sushi from our supermarket almost every time we go. We love it! It’s a great healthy lunch.

Donna February 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’m really craving it today! wish it was safe to drive out there!

H P@ Work At Home Market February 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm

My husband and I LOVE Sushi. I think it would be fun to learn how to make it, as it can add up really fast.

Just stumbled on your site today, and enjoyed browsing!

Donna February 2, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I’d love to make it, I saw that The Pioneer Woman did a tutorial on how to do it, and it looked fairly easy. Maybe I’ll give it a try sometime!

Kendra February 2, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Yummo…. Love sushi! My mom and I made some last summer- it was delish! We made california rolls. Mmmmmm…. I want some now!

Donna February 2, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I bought some tonight at Giant (the one in Lanc. has the sushi guy who comes in daily) I will be dining on sushi tomorrow! Can.not.wait. We’ll have to have a sushi double date sometime! I miss you friend!

Becky @ Our Peaceful Home February 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Totally wish you could have joined us at Blissdom. We chowed one some shushi. However, if I would have known that I would have brought the flu from you know where home after Blissdom I might have stayed home. Miss you!
Becky @ Our Peaceful Home´s last blog ..Is Health Really What the People WantMy ComLuv Profile