10 Things My Relevant Roommates Should Know

by Donna on September 26, 2010

I can hardly believe that in less than one month I will be going to The Relevant Conference.

*** Edited to add JENN to our roommates!!! Yay Jenn can’t wait to meet you! ***

I found 3 roommates (there’s always room for one more!)

Becky from Our Peaceful Home , Joy from Joy in This Journey and Jenn from Daze of Adventure!

joy in this journeyDaze of Adventure

I am so excited to spend the weekend with these ladies. Their blogs have already been so encouraging to me and I think we are going to have a great time!

Michelle has put together a great  Link-Up at her blog so we could get to know our roommates a little bit more before the conference. I’ve decided to attempt to come up with 10 somewhat interesting facts about myself so I could join in the fun.

Well, here goes…

1. My sister says I occasionally talk in my sleep. When we were young she says that one night I was talking to our cat Simon, asking him why he won’t sleep on my bed and why he doesn’t like me.

2. I tend to be sarcastic, but in a good way, I think.

3. I live in Lancaster County among the Amish, well around, not among. I do have easy access to Whoopie Pies and Shoo Fly Pie. If I can bring some along I’ll do my best to bring enough to share!

4. I can talk like Donald Duck, but don’t expect me to it’s just for my kids entertainment… Oh, and my husband can too… weird huh?

5. I’m clumsy. I’ve broken bones over 7 times. Bad ankles so don’t ask me to run anywhere!

6. I can’t wait to meet you girls!!

7. I love to travel and will probably be unable to resist telling you how much I adore Australia and New Zealand. I think I left my heart in Aussie.

8. I sometimes break out my “boston-like” New England accent… Like Cawfee (Coffee) and Baaag (bag)

9. I truly treasure my friends and I’m sure you’ll be in that category  (you are already!)

10. I’m a procrastinator, it’s hard for me to admit because I’m also kind of a perfectionist. Procrastinating works for me. So the week before the conference I’ll be running around like a mad woman but loving every second of it!

Wow! That was harder to write than I thought. Coming up with 10 things wasn’t all that easy!

Well ladies, do you still want to be my roomies?

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Michelle Pendergrass September 27, 2010 at 9:30 am

I’m sarcastic, too–totally. LOL :)

So glad you linked up! Can’t wait to meet everyone (soon!!)
Michelle Pendergrass´s last blog ..Bad days aheadMy ComLuv Profile

2 September 27, 2010 at 10:35 am

I still love to be your roomie! I also am so jealous that you have taken a trip to New Zealand and Australia! Those places are on the top of my list!
Becky @ Our Peaceful Home´s last blog ..Cleaning Like a Rockstar! – Tropical Traditions All Purpose Cleaner Review and GiveawayMy ComLuv Profile

3 Rebekah September 29, 2010 at 12:05 pm

For two days I have been trying to think of something obnoxious to write as a response to this. Something like…. If you want to know the REAL Donna…. or Let ME tell you a little something about your roomie… or Good luck roomie with Donna because she…. blah-blah-blah…. I give up. I can’t think of anything good.
Rebekah´s last blog ..Excess Lipase- FAQ on Becoming a Milk DonorMy ComLuv Profile

4 suzannah {so much shouting, so much laughter} October 3, 2010 at 12:19 am

i love shoo-fly pie:) i’m looking forward to relevant. i don’t know a soul, and i’m rooming with my baby and various family, but i’m hoping to get to know people there.

meet you soon:)
suzannah {so much shouting, so much laughter}´s last blog ..in it to win it- fight breast cancer with actionMy ComLuv Profile

5 Kaira October 7, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I’m always a little jealous of people who live in Lancaster. I haven’t been able to convince my husband to become Amish so I have to get my fix reading books about it.

6 Joy October 10, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Heheheheheheh… we’re going to have fun!!!!

I hope one day to see Australia and New Zealand. Ever since I saw the Lord of the Rings I’ve dreamed of visiting New Zealand and moving into Hobbiton.

I’m working on my post now. And I’m totally with you – I’ve had trouble coming up with ten things. I even asked my husband, but the only suggestion he had wasn’t post-able. I love that man. :)